Friday, June 1, 2012

Coach Mike - Checking In


How's everyone's week going? This week I wrapped up my Asylum challenge.  I'm going to be taking my final measurements this weekend, but I added about a 20% improvement to 7 of the 8 fitness assessments, so I'm pleased.  Next up for me is a mass building plan based in P90x that I found from Steve Edwards.  I'm also excited about the new supplements that will soon be offered by Beachbody to go along with the soon to be released Body Beast program. I'm hearing from some of you about your successes and slip-ups.  I learn from you all, so keep the questions and feedback flowing.  If you have a good story to share, send it to me and I can share it with the team.

What did you think about this week's blogs? I started out the week with what I think is a great recipe for a fresh fruit compote.  It was a big hit at Sunday and Monday morning breakfast with the kids, my wife, and out out of town guests.  After that, I was very excited to share the final video from my P90x2 Challenge Group, the X2 Crew.  The men and women in that group pushed me to try to kick butt everyday and I'm proud to have been a part of what we accomplished.  Next, I reminded you to eat your fruits.  Like vegetables, fruits are a great source of vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber.  Best of all, the taste good.  Finally, I discussed the HBO documentary, The Weight of the Nation.  Watch it.  It really helps open your eyes to all the things we're doing wrong with food.

One thing that I've found as I've gone on my journey is that when there is positive motivation and competition, you can really push yourself further.  If you need proof, check out the X2 Crew.  I'm starting up health and fitness challenge groups of 5-15 people each. The concept is simple. Nutrition + Fitness + Support = Success.  Many of you are already working through a program, but if you are sitting there, unhappy with how you feel and look, and are truly serious about making a change, then message me.  This could be your time.  If your friends, family, and coworkers have been on the fence about getting started on the road to better health, bring them along.  This won't be some group that you will probably forget about in two weeks. There will be REQUIREMENTS. I'm serious about getting people in shape, so if you are serious about getting in shape, then let's do it. This is not a half-commitment, because those will NEVER get you to your goal. If you want real commitment, this is your chance.
Get in touch with me at at bb.Coach.MikeG@gmail.com if you want more details


Time's up for the May drawing for the FREE $50 Beachbody eGift Card.  This month's winner is...
Drum Roll Please...
James from Jackson, MS 
Congratulations James, use the gift card well.  To everyone else, look for more of these coming in the future.

Two things I ask:
If you have a question, ask.  Visit me on the Team-TCF Facebook page or Team-TCF.com.  Come to my YouTube site.  You can even go old school and send me an email.  I want to help and your questions help me learn what is important to everyone.
I’m always here for you, but remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as I’m your coach and you buy them through my site, http://beachbodycoach.com/mikegurka, or by logging in to http://www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain Beachbody site, I get no credit).  It helps with the amount of time I spend researching and answering any of your questions and helping you out.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
- Coach Mike
--“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment