Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chocolate Shakeology - My Favorite Recipes


As I've mentioned, I’ve been using Shakeology for about 6 months now. I’ve tried all three varieties, Chocolate, Greenberry, and Tropical Strawberry, and I have enjoyed each of them in different ways. Chocolate is definitely my go to flavor, but I mix in the others from time to time for variety. My transition to Shakeology was a major step in kick-starting my stalled improvements and I feel better in general because of it.

Today, I wanted to share some of my favorite recipes with you so that you can get the most enjoyment out of your daily shake.  You'll see that I like to add a scoop of protein powder, but it isn't necessary.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shakeology
This is my favorite.  What you need is 1 packet or scoop of chocolate shakeology, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter (or PB2 if you can find it on Amazon), 12 oz of water and ice. If I'm on the road, I just put that in a shaker cup and it's a great meal.  Note that if you use the shaker cup, the peanut butter won't work.
You can find the consistency that works for you, but in the blender, I like to use about 15 cubes to get a drinkable, but still kind of thick consistency.  It ends up being about 24 oz of drink when you're done, and it is pretty filling. If you like Reese's, you'll love this.
As a variation when I'm at home and have access to a blender, I like to add a banana or some fresh pineapple or a handful of frozen berries to it.

Thin Mint Shakeology
I had to work on this one for a while, but it is a nice change of pace.  What you need is 1 packet or scoop of chocolate shakeology, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a splash of peppermint oil, 12 oz of water and ice.  You mix this up just like the others, but be careful with the peppermint oil.  I recommend adding a drop and then tasting it to see if you need to add more.  Peppermint oil is very strong and a little goes a long way and it can quickly overpower the shake.

Neopolitan Shakeology
This one has a nice fresh flavor.  What you need is 1 packet or scoop of chocolate shakeology, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 4-5 whole, cleaned fresh or frozen strawberries, 12 oz of water and ice.  You mix this up just like the others in the blender and it's like a melted bowl of Neopolitan ice cream.

Coconut Water Chocolate Shakeology
To keep the calories low and for a nice refreshing drink try this one.  What you need is 1 packet or scoop of chocolate shakeology, 8-12 oz of plain coconut water and ice.  Coconut water is the clear liquid found inside young coconuts and is touted for its potassium and mineral content.  It adds a bit of flavor and texture with minimal carbs and calories.


If you are already taking Shakeology, try these out and let me know how you like them.  Also, let me know some of your favorites.

If you want to try Shakeology out, click HERE to find out how to get a free sample.

If you're ready make Shakeology the healthiest meal of your day, click HERE

3 comments:

  1. must be a fit way to do with chocolates, thanks! mytravelfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you add the protein so that it makes it more filing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I add the protein for 3 reasons.
    1) you are correct, it's more filling. As a meal replacement, 160 calories just doesn't do it for me.
    2) I'm trying to get a higher concentration of protein in my diet. To maintain and build muscle, you need protein and this is a great delivery system for that.
    3) Taste. Although Shakeology is pretty good on its own, the chocolate flavor of some of the better protein brands makes the shake even better.
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete