Friday, April 20, 2012

Coach Mike - Checking In


How's everyone doing this week?  Last week I wrapped up P90X2 journey.  To celebrate the end, I strapped on my weighted vest with 20 extra pounds in it for my last to P.A.P. workouts.  Although I lost 19 pounds through the process, adding 20 pounds and trying to do a push-up is a killer.  This week I've been doing random workouts to get a bit of a rest and to start getting ready to enter the Asylum on April 30.  How is your progress going?  Let me know.  If you have a good story to share, send it to me and I can share it with the team.

This week, I talked alot about my P90x2 journey, and expect more of the same next week.  I started out the week asking the question, What's Next? Wellness isn't a three month detour, but a lifelong series of work and effort.  Always be present in what you're doing, but make sure you're thinking about what's next in the back of your mind.  Then, I shared the progress I made in P90x2.  I still have some work to do, but I'm proud of the results I got in those 13 short weeks.  After that I covered two of the new fitness tools that P90x2 introduced into my arsenal, foam rolling and neuro-integrated stretching.  If you have any soreness, which you should if you're working hard, foam rolling could be just the ticket you're looking for, and at a fraction of the cost of a personal massage.  And if you have the flexibility of a tin man like I do, definitely look into neuro-integrated stretching.  It has done wonders for my hips and hamstrings, and if you can fit in into your routine, you will be better off for it.

I'd appreciate if you could join in on the Facebook site, www.facebook.com/teamTCF, and Like it.  It's still a work in progress, but I'm almost always there, and your help will only make it better.  I also continue to build out the content on Team-TCF.com.  I'm going to hit on the topics that are interesting to me, but if you have any ideas, leave a comment or send me a message.  Make sure you subscribe so you don't miss anything.  Also, please share any comments or ideas that you have on the articles.  You all have potential to be mentors to each other with your own experiences and perspectives, so use the site for that forum. 
Two things I ask:
If you have a question, ask.  Visit me on the Team-TCF Facebook page or Team-TCF.com.  Come to my YouTube site.  You can even go old school and send me an email.  I want to help and your questions help me learn what is important to everyone.
I’m always here for you, but remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as I’m your coach and you buy them through my site, http://beachbodycoach.com/mikegurka, or by logging in to http://www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain Beachbody site, I get no credit).  It helps with the amount of time I spend researching and answering any of your questions and helping you out.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
- Coach Mike
--“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment