Monday, April 16, 2012

What's Next?

When you finish a structured workout regimen such as P90x or Insanity, or hit a training goal such as a 5k or a marathon, the logical question is, What's next?

As you know, once you reach a goal, you aren't done.  You have to set your sights to the next goal and focus on that.  If you're a student, it's your next semester.  If you're a runner, it's your next race.  If you're into fitness, it's your next training block.  The important thing to remember is that you are never done - in whatever you're doing.  You have to be a lifetime learner. You always have to work hard at your job to advance and better yourself.  You have to keep working at your fitness and nutrition.

Yesterday, I wrapped up my 90th, and final, day of this round of P90x2.  So, I've spent the last month thinking about what was going to be next.  What I decided on was to enter the Asylum with Shaun T.  I thought that would be the most beneficial to reaching my fitness goal of being able to touch the rim.  I'm joining a dozen or so other people in a challenge group starting the April 30th and I'm psyched.  When I did Insanity, it was the hardest thing I had ever done.  Nine months later, I'm significantly more fit, but I still expect this to be the hardest challenge of my life.

That leaves me two weeks to fill.  I'm not going to sit on the couch.  I really need to peak a little bit as I get ready to start this.  So, I'm going to spend two weeks practicing the Asylum, interspersed with some workouts that I have in my library that I haven't tried yet.  I'm going to sprinkle in some Brazilian Butt Lift, Tony Horton One on Ones, and some classic P90x.

As you get close to finishing a program, make sure you're thinking about what you want to do next.  If you stop, you will slide backwards and you don't want to lose the gains you've made.  You invested a couple hundred dollars into your fitness, but you can use it for a lifetime.  Make every day count and you will continue to improve!

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder. Success even in fitness requires continuous achievement of goals and creating ones. Thanks! mytravelfitness.com

    ReplyDelete