Thursday, April 12, 2012

Results and Recovery

When I'm done working out, I want my body to recover. Obviously. I think it's important to be fresh enough to get through the next workout.  What is important to me is getting my blood sugar back up and getting some protein in to help the recovery and minimize soreness. If I don't get something in me, I really feel like I'm going to crash and sometimes even get nauseous.

For me Results and Recovery has been the best fit. One of my favorite parts is that it's available in both single serve packets as well as in the tub. Taking a small plastic container with a bunch of scoops of powder isn't always ideal. So, I just bring my packets and a shaker cup. I like the taste too, possibly due to all of the sugar (fructose). It reminds my of something kind of like a Tang/Orange Hi-C mixture and it's more like juice. Many of the others I've had are more like milk, and that could be due to the flavors. I also like the ingredient list. It has 10g or protein, along with things like creatine and glutamine for replenishing my muscles and energy, as well as some good vitamins and electrolytes. 

Click HERE for the Results and Recovery nutritional information.

Most importantly for me, it works. By time I finish my drink, I'm cooled down, ready to shower and get going. I don't bonk later in the day, and I'm not too sore to push play the next day. That is what I want from my recovery drink, and that is what Results & Recovery does for me.  If you watch the Insanity videos, that's what Shaun T is drinking besides water.  I've also seen them use it in TurboFire as well.  As I got further into Insanity, I started drinking R&R around the last water break to give myself a quick burst of fuel to keep going too. I used it every day of Insanity, then my P90x/Insanity Hybrid, and now every workout day of P90x2. I also use it after I run. At about $1.50/serving it's not the cheapest option, but it's my favorite.

I've tried 4 different recovery drinks since I started working out. I started with the quick, cheap solution of chocolate milk. It has a proper carb to protein ratio that you want for recovery. but, it's filled with sugar and not that much protein.

The next thing I tried was the GNC AMPlified Recovery. I liked it. It seemed to fit the bill and had alot of good ingredients, and I was able to pick it up on the way home from work. Next I tried Mike's Mix. It's a product I found on the internet. What I liked about it was that it didn't have lots of seemingly unnecessary fillers and chemicals in it. but, I didn't love the taste. At that point, I switched to Results and Recovery. Some of the reviews had me scared about the taste, but my coach was able to send me a sample, and I've been hooked ever since.  Send me an email if you're interested in trying it out.

Studies show that with proper nutrition during the first hour following a workout you can increase your body's ability to recover by more than 100%. The key component to maximizing this "window of opportunity" is a formulation of approximately 4 parts carbohydrates to 1 part protein.

Although it says P90x Results and Recovery, all recovery drinks are made with the intent of recovering from your body breaking down from a workout, and your body doesn't know if it's doing Insanity or P90x, it knows that you kicked its ass and wants a boost.  P90X Results and Recovery Formula is a state-of-the-art, great tasting, body-shaping cocktail that's guaranteed to take your results to the next level.

If you're ready to order:
Click HERE to get a 30 day supply tub
Click HERE to get a 30 day supply of packets
* Choose Home Direct (HD) to get free shipping and a new supply every month or a one time order in the next step

No comments:

Post a Comment