Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Travel Meal Plan - Snacks

When you travel, for work or pleasure, eating well can be a challenge.  I know for me eating isn’t the problem, but finding a good, balanced meal isn’t always easy.  I always carry a protein bar or two with me in my work bag and try to keep good snacks with me in my room or office.  Below are a few options, including my go-to snacks when I travel for work.

Hotel/Conference Snacks
·         Water
·         Fruit
·         Granola Bars (watch the sugar and fat)
·         AVOID: Cookies, desserts, chips, soda

Vending Machine
·       Granola Bars (watch the sugar and fat)
·       Gum
·       Water
·       AVOID: Cookies, sweets, chips, soda, vending machines if you can

Convenience Store
·         Low-carb protein bars (look for a good ratio of carbs to protein)
·         Fresh Fruit
·         Single serving almonds or mixed nuts
·         Single serving jerky
·         AVOID: frozen burritos, chips, sweets, soda, energy drinks, sweetened pre-made protein drinks

Drinks
·         Water
·         Unsweetened ice tea.  Use stevia or lemon to sweeten to taste
·         AVOID: sodas, shakes, smoothies

My Go-To Snacks
·         Cinnamon Roast Almonds 1oz.  150 calories, 6g carbohydrates, 5g protein, 13g fat
·         Beef Jerky 1oz – 70 calories, 5g carbohydrates, 12g protein, 1g fat
·         Supreme Protein Bars 57g (small)  – 210 calories, 24g carbohydrates, 18g protein, 7g fat
·         Shakeology (made with water) - 160 calories, 20g carbohydrates, 15g protein, 1g fat

What snacks do you like to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment