Friday, April 27, 2012

Coach Mike - Checking In


How's everyone doing this week?  This week was a practice week for me.  As I mentioned last week, I'm entering the Asylum on April 30 with a Challenge group made up from some of the group that I did P90x2 with.  Before I officially do any workout, I like to watch it and try it out first.  I like to know what I'm going to be in for, what my form should look like, what equipment and/or space I need.  It helps me to be able to do my best when I get started.  I also went to my second yoga class ever.  It was moderately hot at 90 degrees, but I was able to keep up and I don't think I embarassed myself.  Doing the P90x and P90x2 yoga has finally paid off.  How is your progress?  Are you moving in the right direction or are you stalled?  Let me know.  If you're stuck, I want to help.  Not everyone ends up with the informercial style results.  I'm getting closer, but it's taken almost 2 years.  If you have a good story to share, send it to me and I can share it with the team.

This week, I wrapped up my general topics on P90x2.  First off, one of the fun toys that came with my P90x2 kit was a Stability Ball.  I liked it so much in my practice sets that I bought one to keep at my hotel for my workouts when I travel.  I also tried to discuss Post-Activation Potentiation or P.A.P.  I struggled putting the concept into words, and alot of the materials about it online are really sciencey (if that's a word).  Take my word for it though, it is different from anything you've probably ever done and it will take your game to a new level.  This week I also discussed the Beachbody Challenge.  It's a great motivator that Beachbody has put out there for all of us and all you need to do to be involved is to keep pushing play and keep going after your fitness goals.  I wrapped the week talking about Beachbody's newest wellness product, the Beachbody Ultimate Reset.  As I mentioned in my post, it's not for me right now (I'm getting ready to start Asylum and then want to try to bulk up), but I'm talking to some people in my family about it.  The Ultimate Reset might be just what you need to get over some of your diet and nutrition hurdles to put you on the path to total body wellness.

Once again, I'm going to ask if you could join in on the Facebook site, www.facebook.com/teamTCF, and Like it.  I share my blog posts there every day and maybe you'll get a nugget out of it, or be able to share something with one of your friends who is seeing your results.  I'm almost always there, and your comments and contributions will only make it better.  I also continue to build out the content on Team-TCF.com.  I'm going to hit on the topics that are interesting to me, but if you have any ideas, leave a comment or send me a message.  Make sure you subscribe so you don't miss anything.  Also, please share any comments or ideas that you have on the articles.  You all have potential to be mentors to each other with your own experiences and perspectives, so use the site for that forum. 

Two things I ask:
If you have a question, ask.  Visit me on the Team-TCF Facebook page or Team-TCF.com.  Come to my YouTube site.  You can even go old school and send me an email.  I want to help and your questions help me learn what is important to everyone.
I’m always here for you, but remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as I’m your coach and you buy them through my site, http://beachbodycoach.com/mikegurka, or by logging in to http://www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain Beachbody site, I get no credit).  It helps with the amount of time I spend researching and answering any of your questions and helping you out.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
- Coach Mike
--“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch

1 comment:

  1. This practice week make you more or more perfect.

    ReplyDelete