Friday, May 11, 2012

Coach Mike - Checking In


How's everyone's week going? I'm in the 2nd week off my Asylum challenge and going strong. I'm pushing myself with my workouts and my nutrition. I'm using a weighted vest when I can. I'm trying to limit my breaks. I know the mental leads the physical and I want to use that in my workouts. I'm trying to limit my fat in my meals. I want to get closer to looking like the poeple in the infomercials. What are you doing to get the most out of your workouts? Let me know. What about your nutrition? I want to help. If you have a good story to share, send it to me and I can share it with the team.

This week's theme was about working on all phases of physical fitness, strength, cardio, flexibility, and rest. I started off the week telling you to Do Your Yoga. I've gotten past my fear and started taking some public yoga classes and have really been reaping the benefits, and I've found that my P90x sessions really did teach me something. Next, I told you to Do Your Cardio. For guys, there's the myth that cardio will make you tiny. Unfortunately, unless you get your metabolism burning to lose fat, no one's ever going to see if you have muscle. Then, it was time to tell you to Do Your Weight Training. More muscle means more calories burned throughout the day. More calories burned, less goo. Less goo, more definition, you look better. Finally, I talked about the need to Do Your Resting. I realize that's probably not a phrase that makes sense on its own, but I was going with a theme. You need to give yourself a chance to heal. The healing process is what makes you stronger, makes your muscles grow, and helps you regain focus. Make sure you're incorporating all of these into your fitness routine to keep improving.

Don't forget about this month's promotion for Team TCF members?  You have less than a three weeks left to get your entries built up to win a FREE $50 Beachbody eGift Card.  As a reminder, here are the ways to get entered.
  1. Refer a friend. If a friend joins Team TCF, you will get the credit. Make sure that person sends me an email with your name for you to get the credit. (1 entry)
  2. Like the Team TCF Facebook page and post at least once (1 entry)
  3. Order Shakeology HD (2 entries, 1 if you're already on HD)
  4. Become a Team Beachbody Coach (2 entries, 1 if you're already a coach)
  5. Refer a friend who buys a Challenge Pack (2 additional entries)
  6. Refer a friend who becomes a coach (2 additional entries)
  7. Order the Ultimate Reset (2 entries, 1 if you're already ordered it on HD)
Remember that the more entries you have the greater chance you have of winning.

Two things I ask:
If you have a question, ask.  Visit me on the Team-TCF Facebook page or Team-TCF.com.  Come to my YouTube site.  You can even go old school and send me an email.  I want to help and your questions help me learn what is important to everyone.
I’m always here for you, but remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as I’m your coach and you buy them through my site, http://beachbodycoach.com/mikegurka, or by logging in to http://www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain Beachbody site, I get no credit).  It helps with the amount of time I spend researching and answering any of your questions and helping you out.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
- Coach Mike
--“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment