Friday, March 23, 2012

My P90X2 60 Day Results

I completed my first 60 days of P90x2 on 3/15/12.  My big focuses for this round are to be able to get through the workouts, giving them my all, and to really trim up.  I've been pretty dialed in on my diet, although I could cut out a bit more fat.  I've definitely gotten stronger, evidenced by my improvement in pull-ups and using heavier bands.  I've had more energy than ever, and my body is definitely moving in the right direction.
The first 3 weeks of P90x2 were spent in the foundation phase, working on my core and balance.  I spend the next 5.5 weeks on the strength phase.  In the first three weeks, I did the standard lifting workouts, which included Chest + Back + Balance, Shoulders + Arms, and Base + Back.  In the balance of my strength phase, I substituted in the bonus workouts, V Sculpt  and Chest + Shoulders + Tris.  Of all the strength phase workouts, my favorite is Base + Back.  I like the non stop combinations of pull-ups followed by jumping.  They are my two biggest weaknesses and they wind me, but I'm seeing great improvement week over week.

Once my recovery week is over, I'm going to jump into the Performance Phase for my last three weeks.  I'm excited to see what the P.A.P. workouts are going to do to me and for me.

You can check out a video recap here: http://youtu.be/6Q3yA7ik9Sk

No comments:

Post a Comment