Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch

Neale Don Walsch is referred to as a modern day spiritual messenger whose mission is to inspire people to make important positive changes in their daily lives.  I stumbled across this quote, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone", on Twitter one day and its connection to me was immediate.  It has been stuck in my head ever since.

If this doesn't embody what progressing in your fitness is all about, I don't know what does.  For many making the decision to be healthy and fit is too far out of their comfort zone and they never even take the chance.  For others, they take the first step but stop because it's too hard.  I'm sure everyone knows at least one person hot has purchased P90x or Insanity and didn't make it past the second week.  It's not easy, but it's not impossible either, as demonstrated by all of the success stories you can find, including my own.

When I was going through Insanity, there was not a single day where I felt comfortable with the routine.  A couple times I wanted to give up and try again tomorrow.  Each time, I pushed through because I wanted to earn my shirt.  And every time after I finished the routine, I had a big smile on my face under all the dripping sweat.  In P90X2 right now, I'm constantly trying to up my total effort, either with weight or reps with each routine.  It's not comfortable.  It's not easy. I'm always sore the next couple days.  But, I know I'm growing stronger, healthier, and more fit.

You have to get out of your comfort zone to succeed in life.  You can't be complacent.  No one is going to give you health, fitness, or comfort.  You have to go get it.  As Shaun T. says, "Come on y'all, let's go!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment