Sunday, July 8, 2012

What's On Your To Do List?

No matter what you are trying to accomplish, whether it's losing 20 pounds, prepping for a 10k, finish P90x in the actual 90 days, taking you dog to the vet, or just surviving the day, you need to have a plan.  A plan includes what you're going to do and how you're going to do it.  This might be locked away in your brain somewhere, but if you really want to make things happen, make a to-do list.

A written To-Do list accomplishes two things, it allows you to visually see everything that you need to do, and it gives you both a sense of urgency and accomplishment to get the tasks checked off.  I think you'll find that if you apply the to-do list concept to your long-term goals as well as your daily activities, you'll accomplish more and more of the right things.

Fitness To-Do Lists

Team Beachbody gives you a tool to plan your fitness.  I always have the next 4-13 weeks planned out into the Team Beachbody SuperGym.  That way, I know what I plan to do every day, and again, it's a visual reminder of what I have comitted to.

There is a also a Goal Tracker available where you can set goals of body measurements, weight, body fat, cholesterol, etc.  That way, you can track your progress over time to see that you're making progress in the right direction.  You have to know where you started, where you're going, and how much further you have to go.  It's kind of like a GPS for your fitness.

Nutrition To-Do Lists

Something that really helped get me on track with my nutrition is to use MyFitnessPal.  Not only do I use it to track my meals throughout the day, I use it to plan out the days ahead so that I make good choices and stay on target.  If you just haphazardly eat whatever you want, whenever you want, most likely you are going to start pushing the scale the wrong way and needing new notches in your belt.  By knowing what I was planning to eat and that those calories and macronutrients fit into my plan, I was able to lose over 20 lbs in around 10 weeks of doing P90x2.

I also plan my vitamin supplements with a calendar reminder.  It has become a routine now, but for the first several weeks, I would forget to take my vitamins.  Now, I get two different reminders on my phone, 7 days a week to take my vitamins and I don't forget.

If you commit to paper what you intend to do and keep that list visible, it will be harder to veer of course.  Knowing where you want to go and how you plan to get there is a powerful thing.
Make You To-Do Lists!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment