Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mocha Iced Coffee Shakeology

My new favorite for Shakeology is a mocha iced coffee. It was something that I heard about, but never really tried.  I had been never been a fan of iced coffee, but I wanted something new for Shakeology and my vacation provided the perfect opportunity to try it out. 
The first day I went to see the breakfast options at my hotel, I was worried.  There was some pre-made denver omelettes, something that resembled canadian bacon, waffles and fruit loops.  I had a banana and then I wanted my Shakeology.  So, here's what I did.

In a shaker cup I added 8 oz of coffee and a couple handfuls of ice to get it up to 12 oz.  Don't add anything to the coffee, just take it straight to keep out any extra fat or calories.  When my coffee cooled completely, I added my chocolate Shakeology, a little more ice and shook the heck out of it.  Complete deliciousness.  Another option that I did try one day was to use a Starbuck's tall iced coffee. 


You have to use iced coffee so that you don't lose any of the nutrients in the Shakeology.  It was a great way to start my day and something I'm going to incorporate into my regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment