Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Working Out at a Hotel

One of the reasons that I've really enjoyed the Beachbody workouts is their portability.  To do Power 90, P90x, or P90x2, all you need is a couple exercise bands and your body weight.  To do Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, or TurboFire, all you need is yourself.  To do Body Beast, you could get away with some exercise bands and a chair.  Any of those you could easily do in just about any hotel room across the country.  I travel almost weekly, so being able to do a workout anywhere has been a big priority for me.

Using the Hotel Gym

Since I've wanted to get the most out of Body Beast, I've taken my workout from the hotel room and exercise bands to the hotel gym and it's opened up a world of opportunities for me.  Admittedly, for the longest time I was too embarassed to workout in the gym.  I didn't necessarily look like I worked out, I probably don't look very coordinated, and I didn't feel strong. Now that I've been hitting the gym, I don't think I'll be able to go back to my bands for resistance workouts.  The gym generally has everything that you need for your resistance workouts including floor space, weights, and benches.  The gym has nice cold water and towels.  The gym has a workout vibe that you can't get from a hotel room.

There are some drawbacks.  You have to share with other people.  If you need 20# dumbbells and someone else is using them, you need to pause your workout, or use a different weight.  That can be a blessing if you choose to go up, but it could be risky.  There may be haters.  Everyone thinks their way is the best.  You might encounter people who just don't like P90x, for whatever reason, and give you a hard time.  Remember, do your best and forget the rest. You may have to improvise.  Depending the the quality of your hotel gym facilities, you may need to get creative.  As an example, there was no pull-up station at my gym.  I had to get my exercise band and loop it around the dumbbell rack.  It worked great, not as well as a pull-up but my lats got the diea.

Top 5 Benefits of Working Out at the Hotel Gym

  1. There's a wide varity of weights
  2. You can make new workout friends
  3. You can show everyone else how superior your workout routine is
  4. You don't have to worry about what the person on the other side of the wall is thinking while your grunting to get through your set of curls
  5. You can pretend you're on the set of whatever workout you're doing with Tony, Shaun T, or Sagi.
Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean that your workout are on hold, if anything, you need to workout even harder.  Check out the local hotel gym next time you have a chance, and keep pushing play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment