Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today's Motivation

I choose to not miss my workouts.  I really enjoy them.  It took me a long time to get there, but now I'm there. I'm getting great results, and I'm not looking back.

I'm a morning workout person.  I get up between 4 and 5, shake off the cobwebs, get dressed, and get after it.  It doesn't matter if I'm home, on the road for work, or on vacation.  That's my routine.  Last night, a coworker asked me if I wanted to go for a run after work.  He said that he found a 5 mile trail that looked fun.  I agreed to go for it.

I'm not a big runner.  Living in south Texas, the land is fairly flat, and it's generally too hot to even run outside.  Needless to say, about 5 minutes in, after a continuous climb, I was ready to turn back.  Trail running was new for me, and all of the rugged terrain, rocks, boulders, roots, and bugs made it a big challenge.  At one point, I stopped to read the map, hoping I could shorten the trip.  It turned out we were half way through the trail and couldn't be any further from the car.  At that point there was no turning back and I went for it.  I struggled, but I just kept going.  Running up the last incline and then seeing my car in the distance was such a great feeling.  I had conquered something new and it was worth it.

Get out of your comfort zone and go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment