Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Recipe - Shakeology Breakfast Bars - Asylum 2

I received my Asylum 2 program and, as always, I flipped through the nutrition guide.  Honestly, most of the recipes don't appeal to me, but there was a picture of Shakeology Breakfast bars that, for some reason, really appealed to me.  I think I had gotten into a rut with breakfast so I wanted to give it a try.
What I liked most was teh small number of ingredients, the healthfulness of the ingredients, and it was super quick to make.

Ingredients

4 Scoops (or packets) Chocolate Shakeology
2 C Quick or Instant Oats
1/2 C Chopped Raw Walnuts
1/2 C Raisins
1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 C Natural Smooth Peanut Butter

Preparation

In a large bowl, add the Shakeology, oats, walnuts and raisins.
Mix them to combine and evenly distribute
Add the almond milk and mix it up.  It will start to get thicker and clumpy.
Add the peanut butter.  I think it is better to add it in 2 1/4 C increments.
Mix everything together with clean hands to evenly distribute it.  I tried to use a pair of spoons.  It didn't work.  You have to use your hands and squeeze everything around.
Dump everything into an 8" x 8" baking pan and press it down to smooth it out.
Cover with plastic wrap and let it set up in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours at least.
Cut into 9 square bars and Enjoy!!!

Nutrition

Per serving
Calories: 305
Fat: 13 g  Saturated: 2 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg  Sodium: 121 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g   Sugar: 11 g   Fiber 5 g
Protein: 15 g

No comments:

Post a Comment