Monday, October 15, 2012

Leaving It All on the Gym Floor

The one thing that I have learned in the last several months of going through various exercise programs is that you get what you give.  To burn fat, you need to burn calories, you need to sweat, you need to push your workouts to the edge.  To build muscle you need to lift to failure.  You have to lift enough weight for enough reps that you literally can't do anymore.  Then, you rest for a couple beats and you do it again.


For the past 3 months, I've been doing the Body Beast program.  Lots of heavy lifting and, surprisingly to me at first, lots of sweat.  but you know what, I'm pushing my body harder than it's ever been pushed.  Every day, I walk out of the gym or out of my living room, and I'm literally shaking, and I love it.  This past weekend for my cardio day, I did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance.  It was the first time I've popped that in in nearly a year.  I left puddles on the floor and it felt good.  In a couple weeks I'm going to start Asylum Vol. 2.  The original Asylum was hard.  My goals are a little different this time and so is my mental focus.  I'm going to bring it every day because I learned that that is the only way to get results.

Sure, you can finish your 90 days of P90x, but if you don't give everything for those 60 minutes every day, you're not getting the most out of it - and yes, that also includes the 90 minutes of yoga.  You can build muscle.  You can get rid of layers of fat so the muscle is visible.  You just have to put in the work.

You can say you're on a diet and try to eat what you think are better choices and occasionally have a cheat day.  But, you won't be getting the most out of it.  Track what you are eating so you are informed.  Plan what you are going to eat so that you don't veer off course.  Skip the cheat meal.  Is the burger and fries you will enjoy for 20 minutes worth the week of working out to burn it all off?  You can drop pounds and get the body you wish you had.  You just need to put in the work.

I want you to give it your all every day.  Leet me see the remnants of your DNA removal.  It will let me know that you are bringing it every day and prove to the world that you are giving it your all and leaving it all on the gym floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment